Mission: To promote future public health leadership by providing students with hands-on training and experiences in outbreak response and emergency preparedness.
The Student Outbreak and Response Team (SORT) is a Graduate Student Organization at the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University. SORT collaborates with the DeKalb County Board of Health, the Georgia Department of Public Health, the Center for Public Health Preparedness and Research at Emory University, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to provide current public health students with the opportunity to apply public health theory in practical settings.
SORT currently has 50 members, including 8 student leaders, from all graduate programs at RSPH. Membership is highly competitive and the application process occurs at the start of the fall semester.
- Co-Presidents: Sara Duncan & Justin Willingham
- Co-Logisticians: Sydney Shuk & Delaney Dean
- Communications Chair: Alexandra Wickson
- Community Outreach Liaison: Justin Cubilo
- Alumni/Social Chair: Erika Lessien
- Treasurer: Margaret Horton